For sale is my 1988 Porsche 944 track/HPDE car. It has the 8v 2.5 motor, and 5 speed manual. The car has been meticulously maintained under my and previous owners’ care. Oil changes every other track weekend (using Castrol 20w50 per engine builder’s recommendation), brake fluid flush once or twice a season (ATE Typ 200), and transaxle fluid change (Red Line MT-90 75w90).
Purchased from a PCA driving instructor 2.5 years ago, I have a binder full of receipts for maintenance and parts purchased. It’s been a great car to drive on track, it’s very well balanced and handles amazingly well. Street legal so it can be driven to the track. Odometer shows 206,000 kms.
Cosmetically there are paint chips and rash from the track, but the body and frame are very solid and show no signs of corrosion or serious damage. Still looks great!
Under my ownership I have done:
– New front control arm castor blocks (2019)
– New CV boots and re-greased CV joints (2019)
– Only944 shift linkage arm, short shifter, shifter (2019)
– 16” phone dial wheels from 944 Turbo (2019)
– New hood struts (2019)
– Converted to manual steering rack (2019)
– Rebuild front and rear calipers with new seals and dust boots (2020)
– Healthy Blackstone oil analysis from (2020)
– New Hawk HP+ pads front (2021), and rear (2019)
– New battery (2020)
– SRP Racing aluminum pedal covers (2020)
– Running Bridgestone RE-71R tires 225-50-16 (2020)
– New extended front control arm balls joints (for lowered cars) (2021)
– New front wheel bearings (2021)
– Used 944 transaxle (AGP code) (2021)
– Only944 LED headlight conversion (2021)
– Track alignment (2021)
Previous to my ownership:
– Full engine rebuild (at approximately 180,000 kilometers) from August LeCourt in St. Catherines. The motor has a baffled oil pan and Lindsey Racing titanium valve spring retainers
– Suspension has Koni yellow shocks with a front coil over conversion while the rear still retains the torsion springs, Tarett sway bars are installed front and rear
– Danske exhaust
– Car has a sunroof delete and the interior has been partially stripped
– Momo seats and steering wheel are in place
– Air conditioning delete and alternator relocated with factory bracket
– ABS delete
– Radio delete, and a lot of interior stripped for weight savings
Comes with a spare gauge cluster, original steering wheel, power steering pump and all lines, spare AGP 5 speed transaxle (still works, it was swapped out for a less noisy one).